June 26, 2017
Finance and Operations Associate
ACLU of Maryland
Founded in 1931, the ACLU of Maryland is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with over 42,000 members and supporters. We have two offices in Maryland: Our main office in Baltimore and a field office in Takoma Park, Maryland. The ACLU-MD is an affiliate of the national American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Our affiliate, like the ACLU nationally, has experienced significant growth of late as we have engaged in fighting recent, aggressive efforts to undermine civil rights and civil liberties. Our 20 staff members, along with hundreds of volunteers, work daily to achieve our mission using litigation, legislation and public education on a broad range of constitutional issues, including racial justice, criminal justice, free speech, religious freedom, reproductive rights, LGBT rights, privacy and voting rights. For a fuller view of our broad agenda, visit http://www.aclu-md.org
The ACLU of Maryland seeks a IT and Operations Associate who will provide administrative support to the Finance and Operations Director and facilitate office operations.
Information Technology Support:
• Provide IT support for office
• Act as a liaison between staff and technical/database contractor regarding office IT issues
• Maintain all office equipment and systems (including, but not limited to phones, copiers, fax machines, etc.). Contact vendors for repairs as needed
• Act as staff support for the Finance and Operations Director and as a staff liaison with the Finance Committee including scheduling meetings, and maintaining materials for meetings
• Process accounts payable
• Be responsible for gift and grant income processing
• Maintain timekeeping database and produce timesheet reports
• Track employees’ use of leave time through email protocol
• Assist with hiring including posting job openings and tracking resumes received
• Be responsible for flow of staff communication and planning staff retreats, celebrations, etc
• Contact building management and vendors for maintenance requests, oversee repairs
• Make arrangements for travel, conferences, events, and conference calls for staff
• Train and supervise volunteers for the Finance and Operations Department
Other tasks as assigned by the Finance and Operations Director
• Computer and information technology skills. Experience with Mac OS, and Microsoft Office required. Filemaker a plus
• Experience with troubleshooting common computer and smart phone issues, etc.
• Possess a strong attention to detail including accurate data entry
• The ability to manage several concurrent projects with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• A commitment to the mission and principles of the ACLU of Maryland, including racial equity and social justice
• A team player who is patient and friendly
• Two or more years relevant work experience preferred
• Experience in non-profit or other community-based organizations is valuable
• College degree in a related field a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this full-time position is in the mid to upper $40,000s, but is negotiable based on experience and within the parameters of the ACLU of MD. Excellent benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and a friendly work environment.
The position will remain open until filled. We are looking for the Finance and Operations Associate to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three work-related references. Please indicate where you saw this job posting.
All applications will be reviewed. It will not be possible for us to accept telephone calls of inquiry.
The ACLU of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. We do not discriminate in employment based on any individual's race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity.